Productivity Case Study 2Shoe Retailer Identify Productivity Gaps to Improve Sales and Services
- To review and diagnose the retailer’s profiles and needs with special attention on sales and service strategy.
- To propose recommendations for productivity improvements (short & long term) based of sales and service strategy,
Nature of Business: Retail of men and women shoes in major shopping malls
Countries of Business Operated: Singapore
Diagnostics Conclusion and Challenge
The diagnostics concluded that the business is facing major challenges from multiple areas:
- Changing shopping behaviour – More and more consumers are expecting 24-hour online shopping and international delivery.
- Rising expectations – Consumers seek new experiences and want to be engaged on a personalised level across different channels, rather than more traditional methods of impersonal purchases in a physical store.
- Digitization – The importance of which, cannot be underscored enough as businesses must raise productivity and enhance operations through technology and automation.
- Opportunities overseas – New markets in the region are opening up for Singapore retailers to capitalise on, as consumers there become more knowledgeable of global trends.
Approach and Recommendation
Quick Win Solutions
Short and Long Term Solutions